To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 11:04 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] LINIX PCs and ham SW?

Hi Folks,

I'm considering buying an inexpensive LINIX PC (i.e., ASUS eee)
to be dedicated to my station - my primary uses would be logging, rig
control and as a panadapter. Other uses would be running design
programs, e.g. EZNEC, TL-details, and general word processing,
spreadsheet, e-mail and web browsing.

What is the availability of ham SW for these applications that
will run under LINIX? Will any of the SRD programs that can be used for
panadapter purposes run under LINIX? What about sound card capability
and audio input and output? Will EZNEC, etc. ruin under LINIX?

Thanks.

Bob W1SRB