W4VPI wrote:

<I have a new k2 that is all but useless as a CW rig because of audio pops
when transition from tx to rx.  Pop is also present when power on or pwr
off, vol setting no difference in level of pop. Worse with NR off.>

I sent my K2 back to Elecraft a little more than a year ago because of
annoying audio pops in the speaker during power up and power down.  After a
thorough check, it was returned to me with an explanation that it was a
"normal" occurrence.

Having my K3 for several months now, I am learning to live with the same
type of annoying audio pops on power up.  I was hoping there would be some
way to fix this in the software (perhaps a slight delay in the audio line
during power up like other ham rigs and stereo gear).  They are the only two
rigs I own that display this quirk.

Terry, W0FM

K2 #3416
K3  #474