Bill:

You have a timing problem due to the fact that several computational processes in the N1MM program are simultaneously competing with your CW process for access to the serial link between your computer and your radio.

The solution in to use the WinKey keyer. Check out k1el.tripod.com

The WinKey operates through a USB port in the computer and bypasses the serial link being used by all the other processes.

N1MM works with WinKey. I use a K2/WinKey/N1MM configuration in contests and I am very happy with it.

I have no financial interest in WinKey. I am merely a happy customer.

73,

Steve Kercel
AA4AK