On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:45:34 -0400, Stephen W. Kercel wrote:

>You have a timing problem due to the fact that several computational
>processes in the N1MM program are simultaneously competing with your
>CW process for access to the serial link between your computer and your
radio.

I do a lot of contesting, mostly CW.

If you are using a REASONABLE computer, not a 10 year old dog only fit for
DOS, N1MM and Writelog key VERY well from a real serial port. My shack
computer is a 5 year old T22 Thinkpad with 512MB and W2K Pro. When I'm
contesting, I have N1MM, two or three browsers, VE7CC, Zone Alarm, DXView,
DXKeeper, and Quattro Pro running. Not a sign of a glitch. Same with
WriteLog, which I used for years before switching to N1MM a year ago.

When I first started running N1MM, I DID have a problem with stuttering CW
AND SSB playback. I traced the cause to having told N1MM to record
everything. Turned off that switch (somewhere in the menus) and everything
was fine.

>The solution in to use the WinKey keyer. Check out k1el.tripod.com

Everyone who uses it loves it, BUT it should NOT be necessary.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC