At 7/12/2008 04:31 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

> The other side of the story is that it is one extra piece of
> equipment to bring along on an expedition or have around the
> shack.  It is one more point of failure.  Take TX5C as an example,
> most of their MicroHam CW interfaces failed on the expedition and
> they were forced to use straight keys and paddles.

That's complete nonsense and you need to stop making false statements!

I apologize if I inferred that the Microham units were defective or failed due to workmanship or design. The expedition lost the use of three

>>Sorry, my mistake again. TWO out of the four. I will just crawl back in the woodwork here.

out of the four CW interfaces they brought, as you say, most likely due to lightening or environmental conditions. I was not trying to knock Microham or Winkey or any other interface. The point I was trying to make was that when it comes to reliability, more electronics you have, the more points of failure you will have, however that failure occurs.