I forced my MFJ analyser to work in the broadcast band by simply adding a silver mica cap in parallel with the tuning cap.

David
G3UNA

Drew,

For BCB operation using a 100 ft wire for an antenna (hopefully you also connect to some form of ground screen), I would expect the inductance in the KAT3 to be quite low. I would suggest adding a supplemental inductor in series with the antenna wire. I am not going to suggest just how much, but you can experiment. Using an antenna analyzer might be informative if you can find one that goes that low.

73,
Don W3FPR