Ron's comments in another thread got me thinking.  How many of us use
AGC only (RF Gain on full), RF Gain only (AGC off) or a combination?
Does it matter if you're running SSB or CW (or other)?

I run CW and use a combination of AGC and RF Gain.  AGC set to "fast"
with the RF gain turned down to bring the band noise down to a bit above
the rig's noise floor.  S/N ratio is great like this and if a truly big
signal hits me, I have the AGC there to act as a limiter to keep my ears
from taking a hit.

I also love to watch the S-meter move so leaving AGC on keeps the fun
alive.

What do you do?

- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -