Hi Tom,

I don't have a KRX3 yet (it's backordered), but I've been using a
K3 for a while. If you've gone into setup for each filter, told
the software what bandwidth filter is in each filter position, and
turned each filter on, as you slowly turn bandwidth control you
should hear an audibly greater change in the character of the band
noise when the roofer kicks in or out.

The roofer switches in at whatever frequency you tell the
software. You can tell it, for example, that the 400 Hz filter is
a 500 Hz filter, and it will kick in at 500 Hz.

BTW -- several of us with the capability to measure the filters
have found that the 8-pole filters DO have enough slop in their
center frequency that you MAY need to shift their centering at
bit. My 400 Hz filter is about 45 Hz off, so it was a tossup
between 40 and 50 Hz.

73,

Jim K9YC