From: "Nick-WA5BDU" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Fern Rivard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Elecraft List" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 5:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] annoying resonance with internal speaker in K3

I've got this too. I did some things to eliminate top cover resonances
and then I began to notice this.  It's a little more subtle than a
continuous buzzing along with the tones of CW. Sort of a scratchy sound.

I thought it was in the audio, but no, it's gone when I use headphones
or an external speaker.  I thought it might be an artifact of
processing, but no, it's still there when I turn processing off.   Band
noise is enough to cause the sound on a moderately noisy band (not hard
to find these days).  Moderate (but not excessive) volume is required to
being it in.  I did note that as I crank up the Lo Cut, the noise
disappears when I cross 250 or 300 Hz.

Thus far, I've removed some of the things I did to dampen the top cover
plate.  I removed the top and looked for any loose screws and tapped
various components for sound.  Removed the bottom cover and attempted
the same.  No luck.  I hate the thought of disassembling the entire
front of the rig ...

73--Nick, WA5BDU