The rig works well on all the USB bands. Mic is a Kenwood 600 ohm dynamic
mic.  Bias is on.  Front panel Input.

On 7.180 (for example) PTT puts rig in transmit mode. Red TX led comes on.
Voice or tapping the mic is heard from the K3 internal speaker.

NOTHING MOVES ON THE RF DISPLAY. On 20 USB the display show the appropriate
peak power output.

I have looked at the manual but cannot find what I need in the wealth of
options.

Hope you guys can help!

I do have the K3 Utility up and running. I went over the crystal
configuration settings that I have with Scott at Elecraft to confirm my set
up.

At the time my USB transmissions were working so when Scott confirmed my
choices I felt good about having deciphered the manual!  Scott also
confirmed my mic set up.

Was I ever surprised when I could not transmit on 40 LSB this afternoon!

Thanks in advance,

Jack, AE6GC, KX1 #1403, K3-100 Kit #1433.