I think I agree with the K2/10 being the best QRP rig ever made. And, as you
said, it is good enough to be the main rig.  When the bands are open, the 10
to 15 watts seems to be enough for plenty of QSOs and some DX. It has a
built-in tuner, battery, keyer, etc., and can run in the "battery-saver"
mode which helps.

Eventually, I think the K3 will be the ultimate all-in-one-box rig. I look
forward to the time when I can:

1. Connect the K3 to my ladder line without balun heating, balun loss or
without needing the manual balanced tuner.  Then I can take advantage of the
KAT3's remembering its settings from band to band. This might be solved with
the addition of a better balun here.

2. Listen to AM BCB and SWL in hi-fi sound.  The KXV3 will help the AM BCB
sensitivity.

The K3 has so many features (software updates, NB, NR, AFX, general
coverage, data modes, small footprint, nice looking display, passband
tuning, roofing filter selectivity, etc etc ) that it is hard to beat as the
ultimate rig operating on a power supply.

I am sure that you will get plenty of opinions on this one!

73,

John W2XS

I'm actually thinking the award goes to the K2/10.
- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -