>The NCDSF/IARU beacons have been doing just that for years on 20 through 10
>meters with transmission from up to 18 countries on a single time-shared
>frequency in each band.
Absolutely agree - wonderful resource and one that I have been using for many
years.

WSPR however extends the propagation research toolbox further in not only
covering
bands from 2m to 160 and below but also gives the individual station instant
feedback
(in the database or world map plot) of where the signal is being heard using
very weak
signal detection techniques. As of today there are nearly 1.5 million spots in
the
database, 6000 of which were in the last 24hrs.

73 to all
Trevor  G0KTN