> Another useful option would be steps 1 and 2 only; or of
> course none of the above.

My preference is to transfer frequency and mode only.  Setting
mode should restore the last used filter settings for that mode
and (when VFO IND is implemented) I don't want A->B changing
the preamp, AGC, RX Ant, etc. settings on the subreceiver.

I've never found the automatic frequency offset (Quick Split)
feature useful on any of the other radios.  Still, as long as
the offset can be set to zero it is effectively the same.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV