I would like to try HRD for digital modes, logging and rig control for my
newly built K3. (Great Kit. Great Instructions. Great radio.) I own an Elecraft
USB to Serial port cable. I own an EMU 0202 sound card. I am using a Lenovo T61
laptop. I would like to continue using DXBase logging software, in HRD if
possible.  I have these questions:

        Do I want to use the EMU 0202 to connect the K3 to the PC for HRD?

        If I do want to use the EMU, what cables do I want to use and how do I
connect them?

        If the EMU 2nd sound card provides no advantage and I omit it, what
cables
        do I need and how do I connect them?

        With HRD do I need VOX or PTT to control transmit in digital modes? If
so, how do I        cable for this?

        Will I be able to run digital modes and DXBase logging software
simultaneously from inside
        HRD?

Thanks,   Larry,   KG4LCF