Iain and Larry,

The K3 contains internal isolation transformers on the line-in and line-out lines, so there is no need for external isolation transformers. Just connect the soundcard Line-out and Line-in signals directly to the K3 line-in and line-out jacks. That is true whether the sound card used is the EMU or the computer internal soundcard.

73,
Don W3FPR

Iain MacDonnell - K6IAM wrote:
If the EMU 2nd sound card provides no advantage and I omit it, what cables
        do I need and how do I connect them?

Pretty much the same thing, except to the sound card in your computer,
which will probably have 3.5mm stereo out and 3.5mm mono in (?)

Others may comment on whether isolation transformers are a good idea
here (in either case).