To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:42 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 SSB is it really better

I'm curious what others are finding with the K3 on SSB in contest conditions. I've had mine for a few months and the difference between my mkv and the K3 is like night and day on cw.

I havn't had a chance to really test it out on SSB. I'm getting ready to travel to K5NA's for CQWW and I wonder if its worth taking to replace a ProIII or MKV on 20 meters which will be the money band (unless 15m opens up).

20m will be a mess and I'd like to think the K3 will help with crowded band conditions.

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC