This really IS a minor quibble, but the QST review noted that some hams
might prefer the larger and more widely spaced buttons and knobs on "full
size" transceivers. Turns out this isn't generally correct.

I don't own a K3, at least, not yet, but got to
play with one at a Frankford Radio Club meeting.

I don't have a problem with the size of the knobs
and/or buttons.  However, the tuning knob is too
close to the power and width controls.  I tune
with my left hand and found myself hitting those
controls a lot.  Rather annoying.

I had mentioned that issue way back with the K2
and was hoping that a K3 would not have that issue.
But, alas.  Actually, that is the biggest reason
why K2 serial number 2552 is no longer in my arsenal.
My hand simply doesn't fit.

Oh well.  Guess I need to learn to grasp the edge
of the tuning knob instead of the whole knob
(as I've done for the last 42 years).  Or, I need
to learn to have smaller hands.  :-)

Strangely enough, this is not an issue on some
of the micro-sized radios, like the FT-857
and IC-7000.

In any case, I'm hoping that left-handed tuners
will be considered in the layout of the K4.  :-)

73,
Bob
K3PH