After operating a few contests with my K3, I think I may need to upgrade
roofing filters, especially on SSB. I have the stock 2.7 and the 5 pole 500Hz
CW installed now.

Can anyone comment on the real world contest performance of the 8 pole vs. the
5 pole filters? On SSB with the width dialed in to 1.8-2.0 Khz, I have stations
at S9 and above that are easily copyable at over 4 Khz wide which makes it
tough on a crowded phone band.

I'm told that the Inrad supplies the filters to Elecraft, so is there really
only one filter source?

Thanks,

Will