Berni G0IDA wrote:

> I just wanted to start a thread for those of you who used a K3 in CQWW,
> to ask of your experiences during the contest using the K3, the set-up
> you had and to see if we worked other K3 members.

I spent a fair amount of time last weekend in the contest with my K3 and I
came away VERY impressed with the performance of its main and sub receivers.
I had been contesting quite happily for the past 4 years with a Ten-Tec
Orion but my sense was that the K3 afforded a slight but significant
advantage in copying every cw element sent by weak/fading stations and also
when clicks/spurs were present by offending neighbors.  Someone else
mentioned a sense of less fatigue after hours of operating, and I can relate
to that in retrospect.  K3's excellent subreceiver afforded seamless
diversity reception as well as the potential to work dx off both
receivers/vfo's.

With modest antennas, I managed almost 3M with about 30 hours on the radio.
I posted some soundfiles of 40M runs on my Web site while using diversity
reception.  If you have broadband internet, have a listen to what the dx
sounded like at http://n1eu.com/k3/cqwwcw08_40Mrun.mp3 (delta loop - left
channel, Beverage - right channel; 300hz width with 500hz roofing filters)

73,
Barry N1EU