You may be on to something there, Lee.  I didn't even try SSB after making
those adjustments.

Still and all, there is work to be done on the K3 NR system, or perhaps it
is the AGC algorithms.  I still find the K2 noise reduction much more
effective and certainly easier to use than the K3's.

Thanks and 73,

John, WA6L