Gary

I was sold on the idea of switched mode power supplies and mainly used
one of the later model Samlex 1223 supplies with the factory fitted
extra EMC components. You've guessed, it was fine for a while then I
noticed a wandering "burble" on 80m and it was radiated from the PSU.
Maybe the components deteriorated or something changed on the antenna,
in any event it's no longer in the shack! I've gone back to a good old
linear supply, it's a Racal branded one from Newmar Electronics in
Newport Beach, CA. I bought it as new old stock (NOS) here in the UK
(Racal were a UK military/commercial radio manufacturer), it's model
115-12-35 CD and rated for 13.8 V at 35 Amp continuous in temps to 85C
ambient, it includes a crowbar, is designed with transmitters in mind
and also has over temp shut down. A real power supply! I use it to
supply both my K3 and an Icom IC910HX for VHF/UHF.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80