I can only speak for myself, but I adjust the K3's BW, AGC, RF gain
and AF gain so that the there isn't that much noise at all - so full
QSK is not painful at all, but actually quite pleasant. I suppose such
ducking of the audio could be desirable when when gains are turned way
up in an attempt to copy a very weak signal.

Bob NW8L