Ian,

Check and re-check T4 to be certain the windings are not interchanged.
Secondly, check to see if the High Current condition occurs on all
bands.  If it is only on one band, the suspect the Low Pass Filter for
that band.

Check the base DC voltage of Q7 during transmit.  If it is other than
zero volts, you should look for a solder splash somewhere that is
causing Q7 to conduct heavily.

These are only starters - there is no one answer to a problem such as
this - there can be several causes, only to be revealed with further
measurements.

73,
Don W3FPR