> One curious phenomenon I've noticed is comparing digital versus analog
> TV signals. My cable service uses the same channel on cable as the "over
> the air" VHF channel for the local broadcast TV stations.

All signal en-, trans- and decoding will require at least one to two
frames. At work the "broadcast" signals of the same program which leave
our company will often have a delta of a second or so depending on what
kind of processing was necessary (i.e. satellite broadcast, terrestrial
broadcast, internet stream, etc.).

Also any resynchronizing which may occur in the various system the
signal is passed through also costs time.

This is most likely what you are noticing.

vy 73 de toby