On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:34:03 -0500
  "Phil LaMarche" <plama...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I purchased a used FT 100 just to monitor 6 while using the other bands with
> the K3.  Today there is a great opening.  Signals are screaming from the FT
> 100 and hardly heard on the K3 using an antenna switch.  Guess I better get
> a Preamp in line quickly.
>
> Phil
>

> Philip LaMarche
> LaMarche Enterprises, Inc.
> <http://www.instantgourmetspices.com/> www.instantgourmetspices.com
>
> www.w9dvm.com <http://www.w9dvm.com/>
> 800-395-7795 pin 02
> 727-944-3226
>FAX 727-937-8834
> NASFT 30210
> W9DVM

Phil,

You're right about the 6mtr. band being practically deaf in the K3!!!  I did
order the 6m. preamp
because of
that short-coming! But you would have thought that the BOYZ @ Elecraft would'nt
have short-changed
6m sensitivity as ALL THE OTHER BANDS HEAR WELL!!!

Why build a quality rig if one-band is only added as a "after-thought"???

Jim/nn6ee
S/N 2406