Hello Elecraft(ers)!

I just wrapped up part II of the RF board assembly, test, and alignment.
I was elated to discover that all the VCO values were in range and that
I could hear my KX1 screaming in the headphones attached to the K2. But
I have a question - I brought the K2 upstairs and attached it to my
outdoor dipole... verified that there was plenty of activity on 40m with
my FT840... but didn't hear a THING in the K2. Didn't even hear a blip
when I removed/re-attached the antenna cable. I am guessing that the
circuitry isn't built up enough to bring in signals generated more than
a few feet away, but I don't know... I don't feel that I have the RF
electronics background necessary to build this thing, but I'm darn good
at soldering and construction :) Should I be concerned or should I move
on and finish this thing??

I completed the KX1 this past fall... only made one contact (due to
time/effort constraints) but it was a good 300 miles away or so... so
I'm really excited to get this rig on the air!!