After using 2.57 for several months I decided to upgrade to latest
software. Started the K3 Utility, V 1.1.6.3 and had it check the website
for upgrade.
This is from the K3 Utility log:

13:31:24 K3 Utility Version 1.1.6.3
13:34:18 Opening connection to ftp.elecraft.com
13:34:18 Connected to Elecraft server. Please be patient, this takes a
few seconds.
13:34:24 Copying files to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
Data\Elecraft\K3 Firmware
13:34:31 Copied hmcu0278.hex from Elecraft
13:34:35 Copied HDSP0198.HEX from Elecraft
13:34:40 Copied HAUX0198.HEX from Elecraft
13:34:43 Copied hfwnotes.rtf from Elecraft
13:34:45 Copied K3UtilityVersionInfo.txt from Elecraft
13:34:45 Copied 5 files from Elecraft to C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\Application Data\Elecraft\K3 Firmware
13:34:45 Ready
13:37:28 K3 failed to enter MCU firmware load mode
13:37:36 MCU programming failed. Verify file source and version.
Turn the K3 off and back on, then re-try the firmware load.
13:37:42 Ready
13:42:31 K3 is not responding
13:42:31 K3 is not responding
13:42:33 Ready
13:43:57 K3 is not responding
13:43:57 K3 is not responding
13:43:59 Ready
13:49:50 K3 is not responding
13:49:54 K3 is not responding

 I tried turning on and off the rig, of course by having to kill the
power supply and holding the Power switch on until MCU LD
reappears...along with flashing TX led.
I am using the microKeyer II as my interface and went to the K3 port (3)
and clicked on the "disable router inquiries" before starting the
upgrade process.
I did save the previous config using the K3 utility but now the K3 is
not responding to the com port so K3 utility is essentially dead...

Help!
Tom