Actually when 10 meters opened up last Saturday I fired up my 850 for a
while on SSB. I went back to the K3. I could get much closer to signals with
the K3 without desense. I have been very happy with the K3 using the N8LP
Panadaptor. I've been able to get very close to 40 over signals with no
problems. My other rigs won't. I use the K3 rx not  PwrSdr. I drive the K3
from the PC though. I do wish the K3 was like my Ft2000 was as far as size,
etc. BUT I would not go back. On 160 phone I see 40 over signals all of the
time with no problems at all. I run phone  most of the time. I'm very happy
with the K3.
Randy
K8RDD

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Kenneth E. Harker <kenhar...@kenharker.com