----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx2...@muohio.edu>

> ...he correctly observes that most hams merely want a
> top-performing rig that stays put in their station and that is easy to
> use.

I've recommended the K3 to quite a few people, none have bought it due to
the small size. Price was not an issue, usability was.

I too would have bought a K4 variant were it available - the K3 with a
full-sized front panel.

As it is I'm waiting for the IC-7600 as I have a need for a 6m rig with
bandscope and some meteor scatter software I want to write, also I'm waiting
for more information on Kenwood's high-end offering late in 2009 or
early-ish 2010.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
www.ham-radio-deluxe.com