From: wayne burdick [mailto:n...@elecraft.com]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 11:21 AM
To: Terry Schieler
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net; 'Ron D'Eau Claire'
Subject: Re: 6 Meters

Terry Schieler wrote:

> I posted a number of months back asking if I would be better off using
> my
> existing XV50 6 meter transverter with my K3 than the internal K3
> receiver.
> Someone from Elecraft replied that there would be no real benefit to
> doing
> this.  Can't recall who, but it convinced me to put my XV50 up for
> sale.

It was me.

The XV-50 might provide an advantage if:

- you already had your station set up with multiple XV-series
transverters

- you had HF antennas connected to both ANT1 and ANT2, and thus
   need to use a transverter in order to take advantage of a
   special 6-m antenna

- you already have an XV-50, need the lower NF it provides on 6 m,
   and you'd rather not outfit your K3 with a PR6 preamp (and KXV3 I/O
board)

73,
Wayne
N6KR