Thanks to all who have replied.

The amplifier that I have in mind is an old Dentron GLA-1000B that I am
restoring. It is a grounded grid sweep tube amplifier and uses fixed pi
networks (a different network for each band, selected by the band
switch) at the input. It is supposed to have a better than 2:1 SWR at
input. Back in the day, I used to run it with a Kenwood T-599D
transmitter whose output tank circuit was a wide range pi network, and
there never was a problem coupling the transmitter energy into the
amplifier.

However, my K2 is much touchier about the range of loads it will tolerate.

As the amp is not yet restored, I have not yet tried running it with the
K2. Thus, maybe I'll have a problem and maybe I won't. I did notice that
at least one poster to the list has had a problem the SWR seen by a K2
looking into a cheap tube type amplifier. Thus, I'm thinking what I
might do if I run into the problem.

If I do have an SWR problem, I see three possible solutions:

1) (If even possible) Change the values of the mica capacitors in the
amplifier input circuits to obtain a better match in the relatively
narrow CW segments in which I operate.

2) Insert an attenuator between the K2 and the amp. A 2 dB attenuator
would knock down a 2:1 SWR to 1.53:1. The down side is that I'd probably
need to construct the attenuator from thin film resistors. The other
down side is that I'd be contributing about 35 Watts to the Heat Death
of the Universe. The 63 watts (or so) coming out of the generator is
adequate drive for the amp to give me 400 Watts out. The up side is that
there is no tuning.

3) Insert a tuner (which do have on hand) between the K2 and the amp.
This is the cheapest solution, but it makes band changing take many steps.

Regarding AD6XY's precautions:

1) This is a valve amplifier and not solid state.

2) I've never had a problem with amplifier oscillation in the past. It
is a grounded grid configuration and relatively low gain. It is not
impossible that it will oscillate, but it is less vulnerable than other
designs.

3) I have a very high quality KW dummy load for sush purposes as
adjusting amplifiers.

Thanks agasin & 73,

Steve
AA4AK