Darwin, Keith wrote:

> Of course, it could be that SW development at Elecraft is pretty much
> out of control.  It could be that features are worked in random order
> depending on the whim of the implementer.  It could be that things are
> done in an informal, undocumented, under-tested sort of way.  It could
> be that the process relies almost entirely on the heroics of the
> individuals doing the work.  In other words, they could be following
> the industry standard model for SW development.  If so, I predict the
> rate of changes will slow as the code architecture becomes a limiting
> factor and as changes upon changes begin to take their toll.

Not  :)

There are five people responsible for software development at Elecraft.
All of us are tasked with gradually improving not just the feature set
but also the underlying structure, documentation, and regression test
procedures.

We all work very closely together, and have frequent discussions about
which new features or improvements to work on. Many variables go into
the equation, but the buck stops with Eric and myself. It's safe to say
that our software and firmware get better with every release.

Please keep sending suggestions, and don't pull any punches. We learn
more from complaints than we do from praise, and we appreciate the
great attitude of our customers.

73,
Wayne
N6KR