> "Unless you are running QSK and need instant keying, I would suggest adding a
> small 12v relay inside the K3 that the solid state device keys and presents
> the user with a set of dry, isolated contacts that can handle positive,
> negative and up to 250v DC or AC."

And bring 250VAC into the case of the K3?  If a relay is used instead of a
solid-state device, it should be located external to the K3 cabinet, especially
with 100-250VAC key lines.

The output switching device from the K3 can already switch 200VDC at 5A.  For
those switching medium-voltage AC/DC amp key lines, or want additional
rig-to-amp isolation, a more viable option is to use a solid-state external
interface.  There are several commercial interfacing products available in both
assembled and kit form.

My personal favorite is the "KeyAll" from Jackson Harbor Press.  It is
optically-isolated from the rig and will switch 500 VAC/VDC at 2.5 A loads.

http://home.att.net/~jacksonharbor/keyall.htm

Paul, W9AC