HMMMM....  I thought the transistor on the K3 doing the switching is pretty
tough.  I guess we are talking about older amps and not the ones that use 12
volts to switch.

I have done the following to....  Radio Shack sells a 5v reed relay that is
pretty darn fast and has good specs.  I just used a dropping resistor from a 12
volt line in series with the reed relay and worked great for years.  I think I
used a 180 ohm resistor.  Worked great.  Not QSK, but I don't like QSK anyway.
Messes with my head.  HI

Lee Buller - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?