I'm in the process of building the W1 and have substituted the colored LED's
on the SWR readout as has been discussed.

I really haven't been following this thread closely and I haven't finished
the  W1 build yet so this may have already been covered.

I include myself when I say that it seems that everyone seems to be
replacing SOME of the red LED's with the green, amber and yellow jobbies.
And we seem to be using the red LEDs that came with the W1.

Has anyone replaced ALL of the LEDs, including the RED ones.  Wouldn't using
all now LED's from the same manufacturer, and specs give the desired results
of consistent brightness?

Again, I didn't do this because I wasn't aware of the issue when started,
but the LEDs I got from Mouser were relatively inexpensive (about $0.15
each) so this might have been an easier fix.

Perhaps this had previously been covered.

Just a thought

Tom
WB2QDG
K2 1103