From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Dave Hachadorian
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 9:52 AM
To: Elecraft reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] So, anyone going to get more CW filtering?

Last week I sold my 500 Hz filter, and ordered a 250 from Elecraft. On
Friday night, the new filter hadn't arrived yet, so I operated in the CW
DX Contest with only the 2.7K filter. It worked great! I couldn't see
any difference between the 2.7K and the old 500. The skirts of the DSP
(set at 300 BW) dominate over the filter skirts, and I never had one
case of desensing or overload. On Saturday afternoon, the mailman
delivered the new 250, and I installed it immediately and operated the
rest of the contest with it.
Once again, I couldn't see any difference. The radio sounded exactly
like it did with the 2.7K and the 500.

If you frequently feel the need to crank your DSP width way down below
300 Hz, you may benefit from the 200 filter, but I don't do that and
don't plan to buy the narrow filter.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ