Jim:

>I'd like to SET the internal clock of the K3 to be somewhere near
>accurate, but where is that EXPLAINED IN THE K3 manual?
>
>PS,
>Even Elecraft needs to EXPLAIN more in the manuals because not ALL
>OF US ARE "IT" GENIUSES!!!

It's on page 47 of the rev D2 manual:

  Time and Date

     CONFIG:TIME sets the 24-hour real-time-clock
     (RTC). Tap [1] / [2] / [3] to adjust HH/MM/SS using
     VFO A. This URL shows UTC as well as all U.S.
     time zones:

         tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/timer.pl

     CONFIG:DATE MD selects US (MM.DD.YY). or
     EU (DD.MM.YY) date format using VFO A.
     CONFIG:DATE is used to set the date. Tap [1] / [2] /
     [3] to adjust MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY.

Were I you, I'd strongly consider downloading the PDF version of the Manual
and then use Acrobat reader (free) to SEARCH for words (like "CLOCK") within
the PDF... a really EASY way to find subjects you can't find otherwise in the
Manual.

73,

Tom Hammond   N0SS