You should get MANY interesting responses to your query!  I for one have
found the K3 receiver to be far and above better than the K2, although my
time with the K2 was limited to one weekend.  As well, if SSB is a mode you
enjoy, in the K2 that is an add-on and a bit dicier than the smooth, already
there features of the K3!  That said, if I had the time and money, I would
build a K2 as a little brother to my K3.

I will be watching this thread with interest...

cleve