The K3 draws about 1 amp with one receiver, about an amp and one half with two
receivers.  It draws about 20 amps transmitting 100 watts, 15 amps at 50 watts,
11 amps at 25 watts, and about 3.5 amps at 5 watts. It is very easy to set the
power that you want so you don't spend any more battery than you need to.  The
above readings were taken with the power supply on about 13.8 volts.

It weighs about 8 pounds.  It is very portable in my opinion, but you might
prefer a KX-1 if you are going to hike the Appalachian Trail with your
transceiver and a battery.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
K5EWJ