I use a 1/4-wave 6M GP connected to (only) the 2nd receiver's
antenna input via the added BNC antenna connector.  This lets
me listen for activity and if the band opens I can then switch the
radio to the "main" 6M antenna that's connected to the ANT 2
connector.  The PR6 is then available via the RX ANT BNC's.

Monitoring 6M is the only reason I added the 2nd receiver.  If
the band opens you'll hear activity without a preamp on 2nd
receiver.

Somewhat related ... I have a local source of a few short cables
with male TMP connectors attached and some board-mount
female TMP jacks to make "extension" jumpers that allow easy
connection to the 2nd receiver's input without either raising the
receiver or (better) removing the KIO3 panel and boards to gain
access to the 2nd receiver's input jack.

To my knowledge, cable-end female TMP's aren't available, but
one can use "modified" female board-mount connectors on the
end of the jumper cable.  I cover the female end with heat-shrink
tubing.

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
      elecraftcov...@rfwave.net