Hi,

I will throw my 2 pennies into this.
The decision whether to do all-at-once or one-at-a-time should depend a
lot on your confidence level and your individual skills.  Ask yourself:
"If something goes wrong, what is my ability to find and correct it?"
If that ability is not high on your list of skills, do things one at a
time so any resulting problems can be isolated to the area you last
modified, and even if you must ask for help, those whom you ask can be
of greater assistance if you have only done one of the mods at a time.

As for the durability of the hardware, stripping out screwheads, etc., I
can only say that one should use *good* tools.  If your screwdriver does
not grip the screwheads tightly, stop and purchase a new #1 phillips
screwdriver of good quality - do not scrimp on the tool quality if you
value your K3's appearance.
Work carefully and place the panels on a soft surface out of your
immediate work area so they are not accidentally bumped or pushed around
while you are working.  A little common sense here will go a long way.
Using careful workmanship, the K3 can be assembled and disassembled many
many times and still look like new, but if sloppy methods are used, it
can be damaged the first time through.

73,
Don W3FPR