The word here in Silicon Valley is that Verizon had a major fiber cable break.
It has taken out pretty much all their communications in the south valley down
into Monterrey. This includes telphone, cell phones, internets, and their other
communications. No word on when it will be repaired. Meanwhile, the other half
of the valley, on ATT, continues right along. We got lucky this time, next time
it could be us...

Jack Brindle, W6FB