W3FPR wrote:

> Unless you can create a relay that drops out before its coil voltage is
> removed, I cannot ever see a problem here.

Don, the problem (solved by the K1EL PTT
output, with its programmable PTT "lead" and
"tail" times) is excessive relay chatter in non-QSK
CW operations.  For example, I have the WinKey
programmed for 20 ms lead and 180 ms tail times,
which provides smooth operation (no amp relay
dropout between words) at the speeds I normally
operate.

I haven't tried keying my amp yet using the K3 PTT
simply because I wasn't aware of a programmable
"tail" time.  BTW, I just checked the PTT RLS feature
(I'm using the latest Beta FW, 3.10), but the dial ranges
from 0 to 30 only-- I presume this is in milliseconds.)

73,
Chuck  NI0C