Jon Kåre Hellan wrote:
> I have installed the subreceiver in my K3 and done some testing. It
> seems to work, except that sensitivity is very poor. I've been listening
> to one receiver in each headphone. On the sub-rx. the strongest signals
> on the band just come up above the noise. The effect is much stronger
> than swithing the attenuator in and out.

With excellent help from Elecraft support, I was able to pinpoint where
the signal was lost. Turns out an RF choke had fallen off the KRX3
board. As luck would have it, I hadn't thrown out the bags yet, and the
choke was still in the bag. The KRX3 works now.

I suspect Elecraft will want a word with the contractor who supplies the
boards :-)

But I'm feeling somewhat like an owner of a British car in the 70's.
Next time I'll look for loose parts in the bags *before* putting things
together.

73
Jon LA4RT