pd0psb wrote:

> -K3 in "pink mode" sounds round,smooth and balanced out. RX EQ now works
> correctly and is able to really shape the sound to many different
> "flavours".

I've been playing with the K3 RX EQ and watching the audio passband response
on a spectrum analyzer.  It's not very difficult to configure RX EQ settings
to provide 3dB/octave rolloff if that's what you want.  Using a 3.2Khz ssb
bandwidth and 1.45Khz center freq, the following RX EQ settings did a good
job of approximating the 3dB/octave rolloff on my K3 in USB, although
results will vary somewhat depending on your roofing filters:

RX EQ settings for rolloff above 200hz:
0  +8  +2  -3  -5  -10  -16  -16

RX EQ settings for rolloff above 500hz:
0  +8  +2   0  -3   -4   -7   -10

N2BC's K3_EZ software makes it easy to manipulate and save RX EQ settings:
http://home.roadrunner.com/~n2bc/SW.htm

73,
Barry N1EU