From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Lee Trout
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 5:00 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Noise Reduction

{Thought this thread was about NR, *not* NB}

I find the NR on the K3 poor.  My little Kenwood 480's NR is much superior
to the K3's NR.  It is my major complaint about the K3.  To my ear it makes
CW sound mushy and distorts SSB to the point it is unusable while not doing
much to the noise (to me -- these things are subjective).

I have read, and tried, the numerous recommendations about combinations of
NR settings, RX equalization settings, AGC SLP and AGC THR, etc.  The
effects have been minimal and the NR remains poor.

If the bands are noisy or have high QRN I use the TS-480 rather than the K3.

I know that others are satisfied with the NR; it is very strange how
subjective this subject is.

73, Lee (K9CM)