Hello Dave,

I hope that your warning about the effect that a magnet can have on cores
will be noted by those who use magnetized screwdrivers to recover hardware.
To recover parts that have gone AWOL I would srongly recommend the use of an
inexpensive "Grabber" tool, which can also be used to install a screw and
lockwasher together in one shot before the screw is tightened by a
screwdriver (non magnetic). IMHO the use of magnetized tools is asking for
trouble.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD .

Dave G4AON wrote on Saturday, May 23, 2009 6:59 AM