I'm normally on CW, and the only SSB activity here is in contests, when I use
headphones and the attached boom mic. I thought I would try 6M in the VHF
contest today, and plugged in a hand mic. The blast of feedback reminded me to
turn off the monitor. But there isn't a button for that - as everyone knows,
you have to punch the monitor knob and turn the level down to zero. It would
nice to have a button somewhere (even one that is user programmed) that could
turn the monitor on/off, rather than messing with the level control (which
could then be left at its setting of choice).

73,
Ed - K6CTA