Joe,

Forgetting about RF performance for a moment, wouldn't the weight of RG-8/
RG-213 create a problem unless the antenna is supported at its feedpoint ?
If it is not supported, Don could end up with an inverted inverted V, aka a
"Droopy Dipole".

BTW I do not use the plastic window/ ladder line stuff here because we get a
lot of rain and use 4 wire open wire line for long runs, which is a hassle
to build but which has very low loss at HF and VHF wet or dry.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

 Joe Planisky wrote on Friday, July 17, 2009 2:20 AM