By using the 10m band those high power 10m users will have an issue - so I
don't see how it solves anything besides moving the problem between users.
6m and 10m tend to also go together with 2m.

Perhaps it would be better to use a different band entirely - say 32-36MHz
or 25-27 MHz and bypass the not really needed here band pass filters in the
K3 using the KRX3. However, at least with a 10m IF it will be standard and
equally as good or bad as the most common 28MHz IF choice.

One needs to also think about the images and what is there. With 50MHz we
have an LO of 94 MHz. This is not necessarily good as it is in the broadcast
band so no LO breakthrough should happen to disturb the neighbours. We also
have an image at 94 - 50 = 44 MHz. Not much there except my beacon! Now with
116MHz and 118MHz LO and 28 MHz IF we have an image at 88 MHz & 90MHz - Oh
dear if you live near a FM broadcast station. Still, normal transverters
manage it.

Not forgetting that much of the world has a 70MHz band - I think a better
choice could have been made permitting that band and/or 144MHz with a single
LO at 120MHz and using the 24MHz and 50 MHz bands as IFs. Still I am no RF
designer.

Mike